Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Status Update

When I said the 'long arms of the law' marathon wouldn't be that long, I meant it. I never intended it to be anything lengthy, just enough to occupy readers until the New Year. I hope you enjoyed the reviews for Public Enemies, Bullitt, Dirty Harry, PTU and Touch of Evil. I loved writing them. It's a genre I'm quite comfortable with, so those 5 reviews were a breeze to write.

When the reviews return we'll begin the 'queer cinema' marathon. What I want to watch (note 'want to watch' and not 'shall watch.' Changes pending.) is Brockback Mountain, My Own Private Idaho, Happy Together, Bad Education and The Bitter Tears of Petra Von Kant...for now. Suggestions are more than welcome.

1 comment:

Jhon Hernandez said...

Todd Haynes' Poison and Gregg Araki's The Doom Generation or Mysterious Skin are musts.

Derek Jarman should also probably be represented.

Gus Van Sant's Mala Noche maybe.

Paris is burning? Swoon?