Monday, January 3, 2011

Business as usual and heavy traffic

My holiday break is finally coming to end as I shall be returning to work in the next couple days. It was great writing and posting at a higher pace than our normal standards. Although I didn’t accomplish 100% of the things I set out to do just before Christmas, I attempted to make up for it by substituting certain tasks with other ones, such the analysis of Exit Through the Gift Shop last week and today’s lengthy dissection of Woman in the Dunes. For time being, business will return to its usual course at Between the Seats, with a couple of articles posted every week, mostly on weekends with the occasional midweek surprise review.

On a final note, I’d like to thank the people who paid my little blog a visit during the holidays. As creator of Between the Seats, I have access to traffic statistics, and the number of daily page views to the site skyrocketed in the past week and a half, and I am really not kidding. One thing I noticed was that a staggering portion of said traffic was directed towards my Tron: Legacy review. It is a very popular movie at the moment, but I have reviewed recent popular films in the past and never received so many visitors. The number of people who have clicked on a link to that Tron review truly has me surprised. I suspect (this is wild guessing here) that it might have something to do with the stills I used to decorate the article. Maybe I chose some very popular ones so when people are performing Google searches for pics of the film, they tend to land at my blog. All I know is that the numbers in the ‘pageviews’ column for the blog’s statistics are looking mighty fine.

Thanks for reading

2 comments:

Dan said...

I often find a well labeled image can often bring a lot of googlers to my blogs. And I've found blogs I now follow through this means, so even though they come for the picture they may well stay for the content.

edgarchaput said...

@Dan: Ha-ah, so my assumption makes sense after all. I figured as much since I don't see how over 2,000 people could have visited that review, actually read it, and left only 1 comment