Thursday, December 23, 2010

End of the year

Hello readers!

The holidays are upon us,  as is the end of the year 2010. I'm quite grateful to have about a week and a half off starting tomorrow. Not only do I get to rest a bit, but it means that I can take care of the some important business here at Between the Seats. End of the year lists, reviews of both True Grit films (the 1969 Henry Hathaway directed feature and the brand new Coen Bros. version), finishing off that damn Glory of Rome marathon with reviews of Caligula and Spartacus still waiting, and of course an end of the year version of Blogging Around. There will be plenty of action during the next 10 days or so, rest assured.


While were at it: Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Edgar Chaput.
Writer, editor, manager and mother/father of Between the Seats.

2 comments:

thevoid99 said...

Happy Holidays to you too Edgar. I hope to have a review of Somewhere by the end of the year.

After all, if there's one review of that film that should be read. It will be mine. I'll try not to be biased since I am a huge fan of Sofia Coppola. Yet, I also consider myself to be an amateur scholar of her work. I will try to explain everything about what is right (and what might be wrong) about the film.

edgarchaput said...

@thevoid99: 'Somewhere' has a January 14th release in my neck of the woods. I know of it, although I haven't seen the trailer yet. I like Coppola's work enough, not a huge fan though. I'll make sure to see it.