Friday, March 5, 2010

Star Wars marathon


Alright then, let's get down to business, shall we?

This Sunday will see the launch of a joint Star Wars saga marathon, featuring reviews not only here at Between the Seats, but also at two of Bill's blogs, that is, Bill's Movie Emporium and The Domain of Nihilus.

The saga will be looked at with a fine toothed comb in chronological order. Essentially, we are studying the franchise starting with Episode I, then II, then III, and so on.

On our blogs this coming Sunday you will find our individual reviews of The Phantom Menace. 7 days later, we shall publish response posts to our reviews. We may agree or disagree, I honestly don't know yet. I know Bill is a huge Star Wars, and I have some general ideas about where he lies with the individual instalments, but that's about it. Of course, any comments from you the readers are welcome as usual.

So after 2 Sundays of The Phantom Menace (reviews and then rebuttals), we then ignite our lightsabers again for Attack of the Clones (a Sunday of reviews and then a Sunday of rebuttals). So on and so forth until the climactic battle in Return of the Jedi, which I hope will prove to be more exciting than the climax in that final instalment, if I may indulge in a little review-spoiler.

You ask me if this is going to be pretty cool? I can offer only one reply:

'I know.'

No comments: